Detalhes da ofertaLondon, UK
At Maxeler Technologies, Systems Administrators both support our internal development teams, and work on customer deployments of our hardware products. As a Senior Systems Administrator, you will be expected to support Linux-based IT infrastructure with Maxeler's own unique, state-of-the-art computing systems and some elements of Windows, and also work on the development of products and services that are based on Linux, FreeNAS, and Cloud (AWS) technologies.
The role is very varied, but will include overseeing:
- Maintenance, improvement and documenting of Maxeler's internal IT infrastructure, services and networks including IT security
- Specifying, building and modifying bespoke hardware systems
- Customer facing, hardware deployment and support
- Set-up and deployment of workstations, servers and services
- Providing general technical support (mainly Linux, some Windows/OS X), including on-call support
- Developing, improving and maintaining internal systems automation infrastructure
- Maintaining and improving company wide IT procedures across our offices in Europe and USA (e.g. backup and disaster recovery, collaboration tools)
- Daily management of a team of system administrators
- A focus on delivering state-of-the-art IT solutions that quickly meet business objectives
You will need a degree or equivalent professional qualification in IT Systems/Computing, and following core skills:
- Expert knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS 6/7
- Programming using two or more scripting languages: Bash, Python, perl, ruby, etc.
- Hands on experience with virtualisation technologies - Proxmox, KVM, Docker, Mesos etc.
- Advanced knowledge of FreeNAS, ZFS and similar storage technologies
- Experience with high-reliability and distributed file systems
- Experience with monitoring systems - Zabbix, Ganglia etc.
- Excellent diagnostic and communication skills
Expert knowledge of networking:
- Linux Networking and user mgmt. - iptables, VPN, firewalls, DNS, LDAP, SMB etc.
- Switch and Router configuration - JunOS, IOS, Vyatta, pfSense
In addition, experience in any of the following would be advantageous:
- Interest in high performance and low-latency networking computing systems
- Windows administration
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of IT/software product development cycles
- ITSM/ITIL concepts
|Habilitações mínimas||Curso Superior|
|Experiência mínima||1-3 anos|
|Sector de actividade||TI, Telecomunicações e Comunicação|
|Tipo de contrato||Full-time|
|Tipo de oferta||Emprego|
Rua Alves Redol, 9